Sponsored Athletes - Melissa
BIO - Melissa Arnot
At 32 years old, Melissa Arnot is an accomplished mountain guide who has traveled the world. Melissa has successfully reached the summit of the world's tallest mountain, Mount Everest, five times more than any non-Sherpa woman in history. She also has three summits of Aconcagua, seven summits of Cotopaxi, and over 100 summits of Mount Rainier.
As a sponsored athlete, Melissa’s career goes beyond exploring the vast mountain ranges of the world. She has a solid history of working with and helping develop brand identity. Melissa is one of the six original mountain guides who was brought on to design outerwear and gear for Eddie Bauer’s First Ascent line since 2008, where she continues to be heavily involved in product development and testing. In addition to First Ascent, she has been a brand ambassador for Whittaker Mountaineering since 2006. Her capabilities as a brand ambassador extend well beyond representation during expeditions to include film appearances, press events, and speaker panels. As a guide and public figure, Melissa prides herself on being accessible not only to clients, but to press, aspiring athletes, and adventurers.
- 2001 - First Mt. Rainier summit
- 2004 - Became professional mountain guide with Rainier Mountaineering, Inc.
- 2006 - Promoted to lead guide with Rainier Mountaineering, Inc.
- 93 summits of Mt. Rainier (14,410 feet/ 4,392 meters)
- 4 summits of Mt. Everest - record holder (29,035 feet/8,850 meters)
- 4 expeditions on Aconcagua (22,841 feet/ 6,962 meters)
- 4 expeditions on Cotopaxi (19,997 feet/ 5,897 meters)
- 3 expeditions on Cayambe (18,997 feet/ 5,790 meters)
- 2 expeditions on Kilimanjaro (19,341 feet/5895 meters)
- 1 expedition on Mt. McKinley (20,320 feet/ 6,194 meters)
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate
- Emergency Medical Technician Instructor
- Basic Life Support Instructor
- U.S. Avalanche Level II
- 2006 to current - Annual Mountain Guide & Rescue Training
- B3 Basic Aviation Safety Course
- Leave No Trace Trainer
- 2008 - Summited Mt. Everest as part of the Everest Team Inspi(RED) to promote HIV/AIDS awareness in Africa
- 2010 & 2013 - Led celebrity Summit on the Summit climb on Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for global clean water crisis
- 2012 - Launched non-profit with fellow mountain guide, Dave Morton, to provide life insurance and cover rescue expenses of mountain workers